The Library is closed onsite, open online. See updates here.
Join the rush to learn about striking it lucky in the 1850s. We’ve unearthed fabulous primary sources and inspiring stories from the goldfields to share with you. In this interactive 45-minute virtual excursion students will explore the following key inquiry questions:
- What do we know about the lives of people in Australia’s colonial past and how do we know?
- What were the significant events and who were the significant people that shaped Australian colonies?
- HT3-1 describes and explains the significance of people, groups, places and events to the development of Australia
- HT3-2 describes and explains different experiences of people living in Australia
- HT3-3 identifies change and continuity and describes the causes and effects of change on Australian society
- HT3-5 applies a variety of skills of historical inquiry and communication
This session, artworks, film and sound clips are protected by copyright and may not be recorded, reproduced or used in any way without the express written consent of the State Library of NSW.
Please complete the booking enquiry form below.