The Library will be observing strict physical distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of all visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).  More information. 


The Library is open. Before you visit, please read Visiting the Library. 

Legal information for Aboriginal people

Find information about the law for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people

Legal Aid NSW has a range of pamphlets and fact sheets designed specifically for Aboriginal people.

Topics covered include fines, caring for children, kids in care, family law, and wills.

LawAccess NSW 

LawAccess NSW is a free service that provides legal information, advice and referrals for people who have a legal problem in NSW.

They have Aboriginal staff who can talk to you about your legal problem and also connect you with other services, including Aboriginal Legal Services, if ​you need more help.

Find contact details, how LawAccess can help, and what types of legal problems they can help you with on their A​re you Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and Need Legal Help? page.

Tenants NSW

For information about your rights as an Aboriginal tenant, you can call your local Aboriginal Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service

On the Aboriginal renters page you will find news, resources and fact sheets covering topics including the rental bond, when you start renting, repairs, avoiding problems when renting, if your landlord wants to end your agreement, and the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).

Fair Trading NSW

Fair Trading NSW has information for Aboriginal consumers and traders

The Aboriginal Advice Service is a free legal advice service about money matters for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from anywhere in a Australia. They specialise in the law about consumer loans (like credit cards, pay day loans, car loans and home loans), banking, debt recovery and insurance (like car, home, travel, life, funeral, pet insurance).

Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW 

The Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW has an Outreach Program staffed by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people which provides a culturally appropriate service for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. 


ASIC's MoneySmart website has information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, including videos and Indigenous money tips.

Centrelink provides payments and support to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.