Your Story Disability Legal Support is a free national service that gives information and legal advice to people about safely sharing their story with the Disability Royal Commission.
Your Story Disability Legal Support
If you want to share your story with the Disability Royal Commisson, you will find free information and advice from Your Story Disability Legal Support. They:
- Give information and legal advice to people about safely sharing their story with the Disability Royal Commission.
- Are independent and separate from the Disability Royal Commission and will only share your information with your consent.
- Support people with disability, their families, carers, supporters and advocates and only give legal advice about individual matters.
- Have a wide range of accessible resources to empower people with the information they need to safely share their story.
Disability Royal Commission
The Disability Royal Commission was established in April 2019 in response to community concern about widespread reports of violence against, and the neglect, abuse and exploitation of, people with disability. These incidents might have happened recently or a long time ago. The Disability Royal Commission will investigate:
- preventing and better protecting people with disability from experiencing violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation
- achieving best practice in reporting, investigating and responding to violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability
- promoting a more inclusive society that supports people with disability to be independent and live free from violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation.
You can share your experiences of violence, neglect, abuse or exploitation with the Royal Commission. This will help them learn more about the problem and how they can help prevent it in the future.
You can share your experiences by making a submission or applying for a private session with a Commissioner.