The Legal information workshop equips staff with a knowledge of legal information resources and strategies to provide information about the law.
The workshop focuses on the state wide Find Legal Answers service available through public libraries across NSW and online. The workshop shows you how to access key legal information resources which are available in public libraries or online.
Who is this course for?
This course is for staff working in NSW public libraries. Information about other courses available at the State Library of NSW can be accessed here.
The program will suit all levels of staff including new public library staff and those seeking to refresh their knowledge.
- One-and-a-half-hour face-to-face workshop or
- Three hour face-to-face workshop when delivered together with the Drug and alcohol information workshop.
Learning strategies involve a mix of lecture style, hands-on group work and guided opportunities for participants to explore the Find Legal Answers website.
At the end of this workshop/course participants will be able to:
- use plain language, locally available resources to locate legal information
- use the Find Legal Answers website to locate legal information
- refer clients to agencies that offer legal advice and assistance.
- access to computers or tablets to be provided by the host library
This workshop is free for NSW public library staff.
The Legal Information Workshop is available to be delivered locally on request. A workshop session can be combined with the Drug and alcohol information workshop in one session.
To book a Legal Information Workshop session in your library please contact LIAC staff.
Visit the events calendar to find details of upcoming events at the State Library as well as other events that may be of interest to NSW public library staff.
If you are participating in the ALIA PD scheme you may claim 1 point for this activity.
All training notes are available on request, and can be used to on-train staff in your library. To request training notes for the Legal information workshop, or annual update training, please fill in this form.