The State Library is temporarily closed until further notice. See updates here.
Using your Find Legal Answers resources to promote awareness of legal issues to young people
Many libraries are involved in events and activities during Youth Week. You can use your Find Legal Answers resources to promote awareness of legal issues during Youth Week and at other times of the year.
Information resources to promote
Use these books from your Find Legal Answers Tool Kit in library displays:
- The Law handbook - there are lots of chapters relevant and of interest to young people including Chapter 7 Children and young people, Chapter 20 Driving and traffic law, Chapter 21 Drug offences, Chapter 22 Employment, Chapter 27 Housing
- Tenants' rights manual: a practical guide to renting in NSW
- Fined out
Legal Aid NSW has a number of free pamphlets you can order. Go to the Order a publication page and select the Young people topic. Recommended pamphlets are:
- Employment problems: spot the signs (Factsheet)
- Get court smart (Booklet)
- Get street smart: Under 18s: know your legal rights (Booklet)
- Ripped off – your rights about unpaid wages and entitlements at work (Booklet)
Subject resource sheets
The following subject resource sheets show you how to find information on the Find Legal Answers website, highlighting some of the resources available. You can print these out and add them to your showbags or promotional material.
- Legal information for youth (Find Legal Answers)
- Youth Law Australia is a free and confidential legal service for Australian children and young people, providing online legal information, advice and referrals.
The Children's Legal Service, Legal Aid NSW advises and represents children and young people under 18 involved in criminal cases and Apprehended Violence Order applications in the Children's Courts. They aim to ensure that children and young people have access to professional, face-to-face or telephone based legal advice at any stage of their legal proceedings.
Promotion and reporting
Promotional material items such as bookmarks, brochures, magnets and showbags are available to order for your event or activity.
IMPORTANT! Don't forget to report your event or activity via our online form.
Twitter, Facebook and other forms of social media are effective methods of communication. You could use these channels to provide links to useful online resources in order to promote legal information.
Use the following hashtags on Twitter (and Instagram/Tumblr):