We're open from 1pm to 5pm on Anzac Day, Thursday 25 April. Normal hours and services will resume on Friday 26 April. Find our Anzac Day opening hours here ›
Young adults are core clients of public libraries and the future adult users of library services.
Young adults are a key customer of public libraries and best placed to engage with new digital platforms. Public Library Services provides state-wide consultancy and advice on library services for young people to library staff and local government.
- YAPA Self paced learning kit: Young people and libraries
- Library success wiki: services for teens
- Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets®
- Youth Services Strategy Framework for Public Libraries
- Young Adults Deserve the Best: Competencies for Serving Youth (YALSA, 2010)
Networking and forums
New South Wales Public Library Network Children’s and Young Adult (Young peoples) e-list provides a forum for sharing ideas and discussing issues related to library services for young people.
There are a number of working groups for children and young adults in Public Libraries NSW — Metropolitan and Country. For more information, contact Public Library Services
- ALIA Children’s and Youth Services NSW
- YAPA: Youth Action and Policy Association
- Multicultural Youth Affairs Network NSW (MYAN)